How To Get A Thermal Look on Photos in Photoshop with Thermal LUTs
In this photoshop tutorial, we'll teach you how to add a thermal look on images in photoshop, easy and fast!
Using our Heat Maps Effect: Thermal LUTs | Thermal Looks Pack, we’ll walk you through how to easily add thermal looks to your photography.
Along with a few additional editing tips to customize the thermal looks further.
What is a LUT? Check out the LUT Guide.
The pack is compatible with all major photo & video editing software, except for Capture One.
Unfortunately, C1 does not support luts. We hope they will update their software to support traditional LUTs in the near future.
Thermal LUTs is like having 31 thermal lens filters in your camera bag - for the price of one.
A powerful tool in every creative’s toolkit. Transforming your footage and photography with psychedelic thermal looks has never been easier.
From the predator thermal vision look to the thermal camera effects, these thermal LUTs provide you with great optionality, no matter the medium.
Each thermal lut has a different color gradient and vibrancy allowing you complete customization of the perfect thermal effect.
Revolutionize your imagery instantly and get thermal looks on photos that hypnotize your audience.
How To Get A Thermal Look on Photos with Thermal LUTs:
- Step 1: Import the Infrared LUTs into Photoshop. Copy and paste the lut / .cube files into the following folder. Applications > Adobe Photoshop > Presets > 3DLUTs
- Step 2: Bring the image you want to add a thermal effect to into photoshop. Click on the Adjustments window, then the Color Lookup icon.
- Step 3: In the Properties window, click on the 3DLUT File drop down menu and select any one of the thermal LUTs.
- Step 4: Add the Levels Effect. And tweak the RGB levels curves to preference.
- Step 5: Add the Hue / Saturation Effect. And play with the hues to fully customize the thermal look on photos.
Wanna give your imagery that (un)real infrared effect? Check out Aerochrome: Infrared LUTs | Infrared Looks as a great addition to the Thermal LUTs.
► Subscribe to our Youtube for Exclusive Product Deals and Tutorials! https://bit.ly/sbctsub
🔥 Follow us: https://linktr.ee/sickboat
💰 Shop Cinema Tools: https://sickboat.com/collections/all
🖥 Design, Video Editing, and Motion Tutorials: https://sickboat.com/pages/tutorials