THEIR VISION & MISSION
All together for our planet. 1% for the Planet is a global organization that connects dollars and doers to accelerate smart environmental giving. They recognize that the current level of environmental giving – only 3% of total philanthropy – is not enough to solve the most pressing issues facing our planet.
Their mission is to bring dollars and doers together to accelerate smart environmental giving.
Through their business and individual membership, 1% for the Planet inspires people to support environmental organizations through annual membership and everyday actions. They advise on giving strategies, certify donations, and amplify the impact on a global network.
Started in 2002 by Yvon Chouinard, founder of Patagonia, and Craig Mathews, founder of Blue Ribbon Flies, their members have given more than $175 million to environmental nonprofits to date. Today, 1% for the Planet is a network of more than 1,400 member businesses, a new and expanding core with hundreds of individual members, and thousands of nonprofit partners in more than 60 countries. Their headquarters are located in Burlington, VT with staff located around the world.
Why Join As A Member?
What are the benefits?
- Gaining access to their Strategic Impact Advising (SIA) to find nonprofit partners and support the causes and communities you care about most.
- Belonging to a diverse and powerful global network of businesses and individuals supporting a full spectrum of environmental solutions.
- Certifying donations annually as the gold standard of environmental philanthropy.
- Amplifying your commitment with the powerful 1% for the Planet brand.
- Engaging directly with the global 1% for the Planet network through events and other opportunities.